Another very delicate recipe for using walnut oil, this time on an asparagus salad.
of cold pressed Walnut Oil
white wine vinegar
trimmed & steamed asparagus (until tender)
toasted & chopped walnuts
chopped fresh parsley leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl mix together the vinegar, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper.
2. While continuing to whisk, add the vegetable oil in a very thin stream, whisking constantly.
3. Whisk in the cold-pressed walnut oil as well.
4. Place asparagus on platter and pour dressing over asparagus.
5. Garnish with walnuts and parsley.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste.